I was reading the Seattle PI (online, of course) today when I spied something in the paper that caught my eye. Wine Tasting at Meridian Market in Tangletown on Wednesday. WTF?!?! No fracking way! Yes fracking way!Why is this such earth shattering news? Because this is Washington state. The liquor laws here are so old the ink they were penned with has disappeared. The paper that was used to record the liquor laws was papyrus. The letters weren't letters but hieroglyphics. Okay, perhaps I'm exaggerating a little bit - but not much. The state still owns all of the liquor stores for Pete's sake!
Anywho, if you live in the Tangletown area of Seattle, you just might want to stop in at the Meridian Market at 2201 N. 56th Street to experience the novelty of tasting wine in a grocery store - in SEATTLE. The wine tasting is on Wednesday, January 20, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm (Holy Gawd! Three entire hours!) and will cost you a mere 5 scheckles. Call your friends and give them the good news.
Wow! It really is a new year, isn't? Here's a toast to forward progress for Washington state!

About 12 QFC stores do this all the time, including the one in the Broadway Market on Capitol Hill. :)
ReplyDeleteNo kidding? I gotta leave my cave once in a while and see what's going on in the city. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Doug!