Saturday, January 10, 2009

Making Wine out of Lemons


Everyone has heard the saying, "When you're given lemons, make lemonade." I was given a lemon and I'm going to make wine. Gasp! What? What the frack? Is this woman mad?! No, but I am a bit put off that my wine class was canceled this quarter. I'm not really going to make lemon wine. Frankly, that sounds awful, although, I'd be willing to try it if someone is actually crazy enough to make some.

Confused? I'll start from the beginning. Why did I decide to write a blog about wine you might be wondering? Which grape was it that was crushed and magically turned into a delicious bottle of nectar that caused me to start writing this blog you’re probably wondering? This blog is a result of a frustrated wine Goddess (me). What pushed me to actually start writing this blog was the fact that the latest wine class for which I’d signed up at the local community college was canceled due to lack of interest. The more likely reason is due to the crappy economy. People are losing their jobs so I guess wine classes take a back seat to eating and paying the rent. Go figure!

I’ve been taking wine classes at South Seattle Community College http://www.southseattle.edu/index.htm for about a year and a half. I love the wine technology program and the instructors are fantastic and all very knowledgeable. After going through the six stages of grief over my canceled class (okay, perhaps I went from anger to acceptance fairly quickly), it occurred to me that I could teach myself this quarter from the comfort of my own apartment. It also occurred to me that I could write about my thoughts and impressions about the wines and it might even make for an interesting subject to blog about. I’ve actually been thinking about writing about wine for some time now since I’m pretty much obsessed with wine and all of the theater that goes with the subject.

My goal here is to educate, amuse (hopefully), enlighten, and provide wine tasting reviews. I'll provide not only my humble opinion about the wines I taste, but I'll also provide information about where to buy the wine and how much it will cost.

Welcome to the Wine Muse blog. Thank you for reading.

Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment