Thursday, March 19, 2009

Speaking of Syrahs

Three little letters. AIG. Those three little letters probably make you as angry as they make me right now. Yes, wine friends. We're all incredibly angry about the greedy bastards at AIG and what they've done to our country and our economy. But there is a way to gain retribution. In the words of our current Prez and self-appointed Messiah - YES WE CAN!
What can we do while the fat cats on Wall Street spend our hard earned cash on hookers and booze and office remodels? We can find wine bargains like the one I'm going to tell you about. Are you paying attention? You say you can't pay attention, much less for anything else? Tapped out? Your 401K kaput? Your savings down so low you can't even pay for parking in downtown Seattle? All the more reason for you to listen to what I'm about to tell you.

I've discovered an incredible wine bargain for you winos that love Syrah. Even if you don't love Syrah, you've got to try this one. And it'll cost you less than parking for an evening in most parking garages in Seattle.

The wine I'm talking about is the 2006 Eliseo Silva Syrah. This is a MAJOR bargain at $8.99 a bottle. The grapes are grown in the Columbia Valley in eastern Washington. Eliseo "Lee" Silva arrived in Washington state at the tender age of 14 from Mexico. Through what can only be imagined as a herculian amount of blood, sweat, and tears, Lee has risen over the years to become the vineyard manager for the Alice and Arete vineyards of Tagaris Winery, located in Richmond, WA.

This Syrah is amazing for under $10 a bottle. It's fragrant, juicy, bursting with fruit, and a beautiful dark purple, and goes with just about any kind of meat. I enjoyed it with steak and potatoes last night and tonight I sipped it with an oven roasted chicken and broccoli. It was perfect with both meals.

Where can you get this bargain? I bought several bottles from my favorite wine shop, Esquin, in downtown Seattle. I'm sure you can get this amazing, delicious, incredibly inexpensive wine at your favorite wine shop as well.

Let's see now. $165,000,000 divided by $9/bottle for Eliseo Silva Syrah, carry the 3, multiply by 9, square root of 64. That's 18,333,333 bottles of Eliseo Silva Syrah that we just bought for the AIG morons. Apparently greedy rich bastards love a bargain as well.

YES WE CAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment