
Imagine that you live in a small apartment with little-to-no storage space. And imagine that your ice box gets so full of bottles of wine that wedging a small container of yogurt between the bottles becomes a major challenge. Next, picture yourself catching the wine bottles falling out of your ice box every time you open the door, hoping that none of the precious bottles fall out and break.
Now imagine that there’s this new thing called “Rented Climate Controlled Wine Storage.” HUH?! It’s not new? Who knew? Actually, I knew. No really, I’ve heard of wine storage you can rent but I had no idea that I’d ever find myself in this situation. So I took the plunge over the weekend. I went to my favorite wine shop, Esquin, in Seattle, and rented a climate controlled wine storage locker.
It was pretty easy, really. Except for trying to decide what size to rent. Three wine clubs, approximately three releases a year, about six bottles a release. Let’s do the math, shall we? Oh frack it! It’s too late to do math. Let’s just say I rented a 21 case storage locker, and at $29 a month, what a bargain. It’ll be interesting to see how fast it fills up. The best part was creating the inventory spreadsheet (can you say tech writer nerd?).
By the way, if any of you locals are thinking of renting wine storage, Arnie Millan at Esquin was very helpful. He’ll fix you up toot sweet. And he’s a Wine God so he can answer any question you might toss his way. One more thing about Arnie – he conducts very affordable wine classes at a local hotel in Seattle. Check out his classes and his bio here: http://www.arniemillan.com/winetalk/static.php?page=wineclasses
Now imagine that there’s this new thing called “Rented Climate Controlled Wine Storage.” HUH?! It’s not new? Who knew? Actually, I knew. No really, I’ve heard of wine storage you can rent but I had no idea that I’d ever find myself in this situation. So I took the plunge over the weekend. I went to my favorite wine shop, Esquin, in Seattle, and rented a climate controlled wine storage locker.
It was pretty easy, really. Except for trying to decide what size to rent. Three wine clubs, approximately three releases a year, about six bottles a release. Let’s do the math, shall we? Oh frack it! It’s too late to do math. Let’s just say I rented a 21 case storage locker, and at $29 a month, what a bargain. It’ll be interesting to see how fast it fills up. The best part was creating the inventory spreadsheet (can you say tech writer nerd?).
By the way, if any of you locals are thinking of renting wine storage, Arnie Millan at Esquin was very helpful. He’ll fix you up toot sweet. And he’s a Wine God so he can answer any question you might toss his way. One more thing about Arnie – he conducts very affordable wine classes at a local hotel in Seattle. Check out his classes and his bio here: http://www.arniemillan.com/winetalk/static.php?page=wineclasses

No comments:
Post a Comment