Hey all of you wine fans! I'm curious to know what wine you're planning to serve with your turkey dinner. Any suggestions or thoughts on what you think goes best with turkey and all of the fixings?Last year I took a bottle of black bubbles called Shooting Star Syrah to some friends for turkey day and I've been told that I need to bring more this year. Shooting Star Syrah is an Aussie sparkling wine and it's awesome! AND it's only $16 so it won't break your wine budget.
If I get enough comments and/or suggestions, I'll compile and do a follow-up post.
Gobble, gobble!
Wine Muse

Everyone is talking about what to serve at Thanksgiving. I think the best answer is with so many different tastes, have different wines. I would find the sparkling syrah (shraz) a bit strong tasting and would prefer a dry rose or champagne/sparking dry white. However, always drink what you enjoy. Just try and drink it out of a glass.
ReplyDeleteGary and Blackie
Gary
A tradition started in the mid 1980s, my friends and I always open the latest Beaujolais Nouveau to sample while we're cooking. It's the fun wine. Never great, never bad either, but always interesting and different from the last time. It brings a nice circle of time to the event. For the more serious wine, California Zin and a nice Oregon Pinot Noir is opened for dinner.
ReplyDeleteBTW, this year's Nouveau may be the best in decades. I just had a glass of the Duboeuf and it's really good. I've had every vintage since 1985 too.