It's the middle of the winter in the Pacific Northwest. This means extremely short days. Most of them are dark. Not just cloudy, but fracking dark as the inside of Larry's arsehole. However dark that is. Take my word for it, that's pretty damned dark!So, to relieve some boredom and to ward off the extremely dark nothingness that accompanies winter in Seattle, I'm trying to lighten the mood by drinking an incredibly good bargain tonight. I just opened a bottle of the 2008 red wine by the Renegade Wine Company. This wine is pretty tasty and smooth for a $9 bottle of wine. This wine is produced and bottled by Sleight of Hand Cellars out of Walla Walla. The grapes (unknown as they're not giving away which grapes are in this juice) are from Columbia Valley so that means quality in my experience.
The black and white label has a guy wearing a sombrero and a mask with a couple of guns in his hands. Hey! Don't shoot! I'm drinking this wine and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. So just put down your guns. Actually, the label is cute and I like the fact that the bottle has a twist off closure for easy access as well as removing the chance of cork taint.
And, the guy on the label sort of reminds me of Mexico. Okay, it's a bit of a stereotype, but there it is. I said it. Sue me. And Mexico reminds me of sun and sand and the vacation I went on a few years ago. A vacation in Mexico, or anyplace warm and sunny, sounds lovely right about now. Sigh.
I bought the Renegade at Esquin Wine Merchants if you're interested: http://www.esquin.com/.

Jude, I for one would appreciate a pic of the label when you review a wine. I am more abt to remember a picture than the name.
ReplyDeleteGary
Dear Gary,
ReplyDeleteAs you wish. Thanks for your comment.
Wine Muse
I hope they did not pay that designer very much money or maybe it was a middle school assignment.
ReplyDeleteThanks for accepting the comment.
Gary