Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ode to Chateau Jouclary
















Oh Chateau Jouclary!
How did you parlay?
A wine that’s so fine
I can drink it and dine
And I can say it’s true
This wine is so delicious
It’s completely auspicious
Fruit on the palate
It doesn’t hit you with a mallet
Not a bit of oak in the process
Who needs it I ask this?
It’s quite a bargain
Let’s exclude all jargon
This wine is so juicy
Take it from the Wine Muse-y
A few bucks will buy you
This 2006 Tradition Cuvee

Okay, perhaps that poem is a bit lame but I was inspired to write one about this delicious blend of Merlot, Syrah, and Grenache from Chateau Jouclary. Sometimes the French do hit one out of the park. If they played ball. Which they probably don’t. Ahem. Anywho, it’s only $9.99 and you can get it at Esquin Wine Merchants in Seattle. Go now!

4 comments:

  1. Been a long time without an entry your blogship. Maybe we have been spoiled by your excellent reporting on Walla Walla. Think you need to share a special bottle with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gary,

    Thanks for the reminder that wine fans are impatiently waiting another post from the Wine Goddess. Enjoy the newest post.

    Wine Muse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spotted this because Pascal Gianesini, the winemaker, has arrived in Cork this afternoon to show off his wines to the Irish audience here.

    I've always thought the Ch Jouclary wines exceptional value, and try to sell a bottle of the Tradition to any customer who'll listen.

    I'd have written an ode myself if I was up to such a feat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Julian,

    Did you attend the wine event in Cork? How was it? Did you get to schmooze with the Ch Jouclary winemaker? Who knew that the Irish were into wine? I thought the Irish were still all about beer. Shows you what I know!

    Some wines simply deserve an ode written about 'em. Hee!

    Thanks for reading and for your comment.

    Wine Muse

    ReplyDelete