Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hot Winemaker Profile #1 - Darby English of Darby Winery

Welcome to the first Wine Muse post profiling HOT winemakers. Tonight I'm profiling HOT winemaker Darby English of Darby Winery in Woodinville, WA.

What makes a winemaker hot? First and foremost, they make great wine. Duh. No-brainer there. What other criteria could there be besides making great wine you might be wondering? Here is what I'm basing my criteria on:

1) Great wine. (In spades!)

2) Intelligent. (Got that covered.)
3) Nice person. (Extremely nice. Don't believe me, go to his winery and talk to him.)
4) Physically attractive. (At least, however shallow this one is, I put this one last one the list.)

I've blogged about Darby's wines in the past. His Syrahs are amazing. The Dark Side Syrah was nothing short of a religious experience (alas, all gone!) and his current Aunt Lee Syrah is very delicious as well. All of his wines (Aunt Lee, Le Deuce, Chaos, and Purple Haze) are high-quality and oh so tasty, so whatever Darby makes is gold in my book.

Darby gets high marks for intelligence since he used to be a professional golfer and he was in the pharmaceutical and medical field prior to crossing over to winemaker. Is there nothing this man can't do?

His "nice person" quotient is really high as I've been to his winery and chatted with him. He's a genuinely nice person.

This takes us to the last criterion on the list. Physically attractive? HELL YES! Check out his picture and if you're a lady, or simply into good-looking men, I'm sure you'll agree.

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being the least hot and 10 being the hottest.
Hotness level:
I'm giving Darby English of Darby Winery a 9.75. That's HOT!!

3 comments:

  1. Did he kiss your hand? BTW, will you take the occasional hot female wine maker, assistant, staff person, or just some good looking babe hanging around the bar?

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,

    Alas, no kiss. Profiles are for HOT winemakers only. Gender is not an issue. When they're hot, they're HOT.

    Wine Muse

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series has some good potential and I look forward to reading more.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete