Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hot Winemaker Profile #2 – Luca Currado of Vietti Winery

Welcome to HOT winemaker profile #2. Tonight I’m profiling Luca Currado of Vietti Winery. I was lucky enough to be invited to a private tasting of Vietti wines back in March and I blogged about it. You can read my previous post here:
http://thewinemuseinseattle.blogspot.com/2009/03/private-tasting-of-vietti-wines.html

I’ve never really been able to get Luca out of my head after hearing and seeing him talk to our little group of private tasters at Esquin. He was just so engaging, charismatic, and had such great stories of the history of Vietti Winery. He had that sexy Italian accent even though his English was pretty good.

Vietti Winery is a fifth generation-owned winery in the Piedmont region of Italy. So you can imagine some of the challenges the Currado’s have had to endure such as wars, governmental issues, not to mention weather! The American magazine, Wine & Spirits selected Vietti Winery as the Winery of the Year 2009. There’s just one thing they forgot to add. One of the owners and winemakers is HOT! Yes, Luca, you know I’m talking about you.

So here’s my HOT winemaker criteria broken down as it applies to Luca:
1) Great wines (I’ve tried several of them and they’re ALL amazing.)
2) Intelligent (Of course he is – he’s following in his families’ footsteps and making awesome Italian wines.)
3) Personality (Off the charts! He defines the saying “he can charm the pants off of any woman.”)
4) Physically attractive (hot, hot, HOT!)

Also, Vietti Wineries’ labels are beautiful works of art and can be seen here:
http://www.vietti.com/pagine/eng/vini_vietti_wines/vini_vietti_etichette_autore.lasso

Phew! I’m glad I got him out of head and into the blogosphere. By the way…I still have an unopened, signed bottle of the Vietti Barbera d’Alba Scaronne. Just waiting for the right event to celebrate to open it. Hey! Life is a celebration so I’m sure I’ll come up with some reason in the near future to open and enjoy this wonderfully anticipated wine.

On a scale of 1 – 10, 1 being the least hot and 10 being the hottest.
Hotness level:
I’m giving Luca Currado a 10 because along with his ability to be just plain old HOT, his Italian accent puts him over the top of HOTNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment