Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lazy Mailman in Washington - This is News?


Here's a headline from a local Seattle newspaper. "Lazy mailman played hookie, then burned or dumped letters." Here's the link to the story. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114260529.html

How is a story about a lazy mailman in Washington newsworthy? I can put mail in my mailbox, put up the RED flag to indicate I have mail that I'd like him to take with him, go back the next day, and the mail is still sitting in my mailbox. I get mail for my neighbors on a regular basis, which makes me wonder where some of my mail winds up. Now I know where it winds up. It's sitting in my mailman's fireplace or garage collecting dust.

And just to be able to say I saw this coming, back in December, I wrote a post called Kumquat Postal Worker. You can read it here: http://thewinemuseinseattle.blogspot.com/2010/12/kumquat-postal-worker.html

Ya'll didn't know I was psychic, did ya? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment