Monday, January 24, 2011

Steampunk Exhibition Ball in Seattle


I attended my first Steampunk Exhibition Ball in Seattle on Saturday evening. It was at the Museum of History and Industry and what a perfect venue for this event! This was the most entertaining event I think I've ever been to, or at least the most entertaining in a very long time. Naw...I'm sticking to my original comment. The MOST entertaining event - EVER. There were belly dancers, sexy burlesque dancers, the most crazy steampunk outfits, lots of booze, including an absinthe bar, hat competitions, moustache and beard competitions, the best outfit competition, and steampunk theater.

My companion for the evening, Captain Craig, won the best mechanical hat category, and I won the "best standing around with a drink in her hand" competition. HA!

It was so much fun that I'm completely hooked. I'll be going back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment