Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lamb Jam in Seattle

If I die the day after October 25th, I'll die a very, very, very happy Wine Muse. Why? What's happening on October 25th you might ask? It's the American Lamb Jam in Seattle (oh happy day!), my wine friends. This is the event that I've been waiting for my entire life. I luv, love, LOVE, LOVE Lamb. Any way it's prepared. Doesn't matter. I'll eat it. So when I read that there was going to be a Lamb Jam in Seattle at Bell Harbor Pier I couldn't wait to buy my ticket. Ticket is so bought.

Here are the details about the Lamb Jam:
Some of the best chefs around Seattle from restaurants such as Campagne, Barking Frog, Serafina (my absolutely favorite restaurant of all time for nearly 10 years!), Lola (Tom Douglas alert!), and several more wonderful restaurants will be cooking up the lusty lamb dishes on Sunday, October 25th. There will be prizes for Best of Show, Most Creative and Best Wine Pairing. First place awards will go for Shoulder, Leg, Shank and Loin Tastes.

And where there are lamb dishes, there's gotta be good wine (Best Wine Pairing was my first clue). How could you serve such earthy, yummy food without wine? It's impossible! So, that means there will be wineries (15 of them) pouring wine as well.

Here's the list of wineries that will be participating at the Lamb Jam because I know you're curious:

Brian Carter Cellars
Buried Cane
Buty Winery
Camaraderie Cellars
Col Solare Winery
DeLille Cellars
Donedei Wines
Efeste
Forgeron Cellars
J. Bookwalter Winery
Kiona Vineyards Winery
McCrea Cellars
Northstar Winery
Spring Valley Vineyard
Syncline Wine Cellars

If you're a fan of lamb and the Lamb Jam in Seattle sounds good to you, then I'll probably see you there! Buy your tickets (very affordable at a measley 30 bones!) here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/

Yum, yum, yum.

1 comment:

  1. I also saw this and some other great sounding events. Wish I was going to be in town so I could attend. Enjoy and we will look forward to hearing about the event in your blog.

    ReplyDelete