
If you weren't able to come to the Champagne and Sparkling wine tasting last night at Esquin, you missed some delicious bubbles and a really fun time. The store was packed and I think I counted 19 different kinds of Champagnes and/or Sparklings that we tasted. There were two dessert wines at the very end that were also delicious. There wasn't a bad bottle of bubbles throughout the evening and my favorite of the evening was a really nice sparkling Rose by Lucien Albrecht.
My take home bottle for the evening was a really nice, inexpensive Italian Sparkling wine called Castello Carboncine Prosecco NV DOC. This wine comes from a centuries old family owned estate in Treviso, just north of Venice. This is an extremely small production, grower Prosecco. Prosecco is the grape that is made in to this amazing wine. The tasting notes boast that this wine has refined aromas of white pear, fresh honeysuckle, and baked cornetto (Italian for biscuit, I was told). At only $12 a bottle, I’ll be going back for more of this delicious holiday bargain!!
I’ve attached a picture of us winos last night that were sucking down the bubbles and having a generally festive time. The tall man in the center is friend and cohort Captain Craig donning a version of a Steampunk hat he created. Good times!

Good to see the "old" group.
ReplyDeleteGary