Saturday, December 4, 2010

St. Nick's at Robert Ramsay Cellars


This weekend is the much anticipated St. Nick’s celebration in Woodinville, WA. This is one of those weekends when people buy tickets to go wine tasting at a shit-ton of wineries in Woodinville for one low price. I noticed, no doubt because the economy is still in the turlet, that there weren’t as many folks out and about at St. Nick’s as in the past. But, the folks that did come out were extra specially nice and everyone (and I’m not just being bias because I volunteer at Robert Ramsay Cellars) that comes in to Robert Ramsay Cellars LOVES the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a splash of Mourvedre in it, just to keep it interesting. Folks love the Syrahs as well (there’s a 2005, 2006, and a 2007 available) but I’ve noticed, could be because it’s my personal fav, that most people really, really love his Cabernet.

Who is Robert Ramsay Cellars, you say? Robert Ramsay Cellars is owned by Bob Harris and his hot young (and new) wife, Lauren. Bob is the winemaker, winery owner, label designer, head bottle washer, you name it - he does it. Robert Ramsay Cellars is in the Warehouse District in Woodinville next to Page Cellars and Smasne. His winery has only been around Woodinville for about a year and a half, but he’s not a newbie to wine making. Bob has been making wine now for about 10 years. He owned a winery in Idaho for a long time and was a rock star there, and I predict that Bob Harris will be a rock star here in Washington before long as well.

In the picture on the left, we have Peggy, long time friend and volunteer at Robert Ramsay and the other two attractive people are owners Bob Harris and his lovely wife, Lauren. And of course, the ham with her fingers up is yours truly, the Wine Muse.

I hope if you were out enjoying St. Nick’s today that you discovered some awesome new wine, or that you were able to enjoy some favorites but most of all, I hope you had fun and that you all had a designated driver. Tomorrow, we get to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment