
Oh my God, ya'll! Have you heard the best news ever? Rob Newsom of Boudreaux Cellars, Bill and Andy Den Hoed of Den Hoed Wines, and Allen Shoup of Long Shadows have all gotten together to collaborate and open a new venture called The Library in the Hollywood Schoolhouse section of Woodinville.
I've been a HUGE fan of Boudreaux Cellars for about three years now. A friend of mine told me about Rob Newsom and his boutique winery in Leavenworth, which is open by appointment only. Although I've never visited his winery in Leavenworth, I've tasted his wines at several events around Seattle and when I feel like spoiling myself, I buy a bottle of his Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon. Also, Gary Vaynerchuk of Wine Library TV fame nearly made love to a bottle of one of Rob’s 2003 Cabernet Sauvignons. You can view the video here: http://tv.winelibrary.com/2007/10/01/gary-vaynerchuk-tries-to-feel-better-after-a-huge-jets-loss-episode-324/.
Enough of my drooling and blathering. Here are the details about this highly anticipated new winery/tasting room.
The new location (called The Library) will be adjacent to the Alder Ridge Tasting Room at 14450 Redmond-Woodinville Road (Hollywood Schoolhouse intersection), Woodinville, Washington. These guys handcraft very low-production Washington wines so we're all in for a major treat!
And a few words from Rob:
“You will find a fireplace, leather couches, photos, reading material, and high-scoring wines. THE LIBRARY is small and feels just about right for who we are."
I haven't heard when the grand opening for the public will be yet but that should be very soon. I'll keep ya'll posted!

We never get enough of your drooling and blathering.
ReplyDeleteGary
Dear Jude,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the great press. The friday night event is a pre-opening event for our long-standing customer list. We are not officially open to the public. I will let you know as soon as we are!
Rob Newsom (no e) : )
Thanks for the correction, Rob! Apparently, I got some bum information about Friday! Sorry!!
ReplyDeleteJude (Wine Muse)
Dear Rob Newsom (no e),
ReplyDeleteSorry about the misspelling! It's been one of those days. :-)