
When I'm not out tasting wine, buying wine, talking to winemakers about their wine, or writing about wine, I'm writing technical guides for our local software giant. Yes, I'm talking about Microsoft. The cool thing about the folks at Microsoft is they encourage feedback from the public about their products and documentation. My team just released a new Beta guide to the Web that deals with malware. For those who don't know what malware is, it's malicious software (viruses, trojans, and nasty little programs like those) that can and will infect your computer and generally make your life hell. I didn't write this guide all by myself, but I played a large part in writing it. My point is, sometimes we get feedback from the masses that is so damned funny that it must be shared. The following letter is absolutely real and verbatim that came from the feedback email link we provide in our guides. It made me laugh so hard that I wanted to share it with all of you. Enjoy (remember - I didn't change anything in the following email except to remove names and addresses to protect the innocent).
"Dear ____ team,
Having purused the guide and justified all endorsed responses to malware challenges. I thought it to be a well writen and informative document. Albeit I don't receive many if any malware infections ever well should I say hardly ever. I wouldn't endorse all these scanning software applications as they begin a backdoor exe into your computer system. I strongly feel one should endorse safer computer browsing as being key to evading these problems " don't download garbage", is the safer experience. If one steals software and goes for the free experience the costs are very high. My own experience can attest to that I have experimented with malware and othe viruses as I used to save them. I saved them until one hard drive was saying help me help me hehhehhe. But I no longer experiment with these things. You see I have even been accused of hacking at one point in my life and to this day not allowed on the local computer system at the library as I went inside their server to see what information was their and to my surprise was very infected with lots of malware viruses and porn. I am sometimes to nosey for my own good. I do however fix freinds and family computers those of whom puruse unsafely and download all the free crap thats out there.Then I have to go into the registry find it and kill them. The funniest bit of malware I found was from a site that had midget porn Which of course I thiought very funny but not so with the computer owner hehehehe.Not mine of course. I currently use xp home on all my computers, have in the past used windows 98 which was good and windows 2000 but my favourite was windows 3.1. I have no real explanation as to why I liked it the best maybe because I could use it for my collectioning of viruses and malware back then, seemed more secretive then.There were fewer users, on the internet and you had to call the university to get on the web. I would upgrade to windows 7 and was given some disks at a local cloud computing seminar which I did use but the operating system was only good for a set amount of time.Since I won"t crack anymore I use xp. Thank you for listening”
Lawrence C____
____ ___________ rd
Suite ____
London Ontario
N6J3T9
519-___-____

No comments:
Post a Comment